LST-633 was laid down on 3 May 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 27 July 1944; sponsored by Miss Evelyn Martin; and commissioned on 17 August 1944.
During World War II, LST-633 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April to June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 15 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 29 September 1947. On 23 June 1948, she was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-633 earned one battle star for World War II service.