LST-631 was laid down on 19 April 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Theresa Colmone; and commissioned on 9 August 1944.
During World War II, LST-631 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—March and April 1945
Following the war, LST-631 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 24 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 15 April 1948, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-631 earned three battle stars for World War II service.