LST-630 was laid down on 14 April 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Walter Dunnett; and commissioned on 4 August 1944.
During World War II, LST-630 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Mindoro landings—December 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945 Mindanao Island landings—March through April 1945
Following the war, LST-630 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-February 1946. She was decommissioned on 13 February 1946 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where she served as USNS LST-630 until struck from the Navy list on 15 June 1973. On 19.November 1973, she was sold to B. V. Dimex, Nijmegen, Netherlands, for scrapping.
LST-630 earned two battle stars for World War II