LST-627 was laid down on 8 April 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. H. Mattern; and commissioned on 20 July 1944, Lt. S. R. Parker, in command.
During World War II, LST-627 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-May 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and sold to the government of the Netherlands East Indies on 15 June that same year. On 19 June 1946, LST-627 was struck from the Navy list.
LST-627 earned two battle stars for World War II