LST-624 was laid down on 22 March 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Agnes Reynolds; and commissioned on 3 July 1944, Lt. R. S. Salzer in command.
During World War II, LST-624 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Manila Bay-Bicol operations—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Following the war, LST-624 performed occupation duty in the Par East until early February 1946. She was decommissioned on 14 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 7 February 1947. On 1 June 1947, the ship was sold to the government of South Korea.
LST-624 earned three battle stars for World War II service.