LST-621 was laid down on 15 March 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Josephine F. Madura; and commissioned on 21 June 1944, Lt. C. E. Watkins in command.
During World War II, LST-621 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 10 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 30 March 1948, she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-621 earned one battle star for World War II