LST-620 was laid down on 11 March 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. V. A. Carpano; and commissioned on 17 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-620 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early May 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 7 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year.
LST-620 earned one battle star for World War II service.