LST-619 was laid down on 8 March 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Walter B. Colby; and commissioned on 5 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-619 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Palawan Island landings—March 1945
Visayan Island landings—March 1945
Following the war, LST-619 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 19 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. On 27 May 1948, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-619 earned three battle stars for World War II service.