LST-618 was laid down on 23 February 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 May 1944; sponsored by Miss Anita Pierce; and commisioned on 3 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-618 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landing—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-618 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw China service until early July 1946. On 24 October 1946, she was transferred to United States Army custody and struck from the Navy list on 23 December 1947.
LST-618 earned three battle stars for World War II service.