LST-615 was laid down on 4 February 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Leo Marcoux; and commissioned on 26 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-615 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landing in October 1944 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, LST-615 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. She was decommissioned on 14 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April that same year. On 7 April 1948, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., Vancouver, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-615 earned two battle stars for World War II service.