LST-614 was laid down on 28 January 1944 at Seneca, 111., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 6 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Marjorie H. Elting; and commissioned on 22 May 1944, Lt. (jg.) P. S. Donovan, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-614 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Morotai landing—September 1944
Leyte landing—October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Mindanao Island landing—April 1945
Following the war, LST-614 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-January 1946. She was decommissioned on 20 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 29 October that same year. On 13 February 1948, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-614 earned four battle stars for World War II service.