LST-613 was laid down on 21 January 1944 at Seneca, 111., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. D. Ford; and commissioned on 19 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-613 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Mbrotai landing—September 1944
Leyte landing—November 1944
Mindoro landing—December 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Visayan Island landing—March 1945
Tarakan Island operation—April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-613 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She was decommissioned on 6 January 1946 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where she served as USNS LST-613 until struck from the Navy list.
LST-613 earned five battle stars for World War II