LST-612 was laid down on 18 December 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Perry Arnold; and commissioned on 16 May 1944, Lt. John A. White in command.
During World War II, LST-612 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landing—October 1944
Mindoro landing—December 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April and June 1945
Following the war, LST-612 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw China service until early May 1946. She was decommissioned on 1 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 5 December 1947, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-612 earned three battle stars for World War II service.