LST-610 was laid down on 16 December 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Patrick J. O'Herron; and commissioned on 15 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-610 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Leyte landing—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Following the war, LST-610 performed occupation duty in the Par East and saw service in China until mid-June 1946. She was decommissioned on 28 June 1946 and transferred to the military government of Okinawa on 18 September that same year. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 23 December 1947.
LST-610 earned three battle stars for World War II service.