LST-605 was laid down on 30 September 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 March 1944; sponsored by Mrs. H. F. Stearns; and commissioned on 14 April 1944.
During World War II, LST-605 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landing—October 1944
Mindoro landing—December 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—May and June 1945
Following the war, LST-605 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 24 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 15 April 1948, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., Vancouver, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-605 earned three battle stars and one award of the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.