Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-600

 

LST-600 was laid down on 6 October 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 28 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Helena Wilson Carpender; and commissioned on 20 March 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-600 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late February 1946. On 31 March 1952, she was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service where she operated as USNS LST-600 until struck from the Navy list on 1 June 1969.