LST-595 was laid down on 7 July 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Adlai Russell; and commissioned on 14 September 1944, Lt. A. C. Jackson, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-595 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Palawan Island landings in March 1945 and the Visayan Island landings in March and April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until January 1946. LST-595 was decommissioned on 3 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947. On 31 May 1947, LST-595 was sold to the government of South Korea.
LST-595 earned one battle star for World War II service.