Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-594

 

LST-594 was laid down on 1 July 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 12 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Everett B. Wiley; and commissioned on 6 September 1944, Lt. Edgar Y. M. Henderson, USNR, in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-594 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-February 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 21 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947. On 4 June 1947, she was sold to the government of South Korea.