LST-593 was laid down on 28 June 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Olaf A. Ragle; and commissioned on 5 September 1944, Lt. Fairfield P. Day, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-593 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings from April to May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 18 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May that same year. On 28 May 1948, she was sold to the Alexander Shipyards, Inc., of New Orleans, La., for operation.
LST-593 earned one battle star for World War II service.