LST-590 was laid down on 19 June 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. F. Broun; and commissioned on 26 August 1944, Ens. Boyd J. Arnett in command.
During World War II, LST-590 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Tarakan Island operation from April to May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 2 February 1946. On 31 March 1952, LST-590 was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service where she served as USNS LST-590 until struck from the Navy list on 15 June 1973. The ship was sold to S. S. Zee, Taipei, Taiwan, on 17 September 1973 for scrapping.
LST-590 earned one battle star for World War II service.