LST-574 was laid down on 16 April 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Earl Koester; and commissioned on 26 June 1944, Lt. (jg.) Francis Canny, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-574 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—March 1945
Following the war, LST-574 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-May 1946. She was decommissioned on 17 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 5 November 1947, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-574 earned three battle stars for World War II service.