LST-573 was laid down on 15 April 1944 at Evans-ville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 31 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Ernest C. Strpebe; and commissioned on 21 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-573 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Consolidation of the southern Philippines:
(a) Visayan Island landings—March and April 1945
(b) Mindanao Island landings—March 1945
Following the war, LST-573 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 24 January 1946 and struck from the Navy
list on 31 October 1947. On 26 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa. LST-573 earned three battle stars for World War II service.