LST-570 was laid down on 14 April 1944 at Evansviille, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. L. J. Prues, Jr.; and commissioned on 9 June 1944, Lt. Frank A. Neun, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-570 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April through June 1945. Following the war, LST-570 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 14 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 31 December 1948, the ship was sold to the Patapsco Scrap Corp., Baltimore, Md.
LST-570 earned two battle stars for World War II service.