LST-569 was laid down on 24 March 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 20 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. George W. Lamb; and commissioned on 5 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-569 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—-January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-569 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-May 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 October that same year. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-569 earned four battle stars for World War II service.