LST-568 was laid down on 21 March 1944 at Evans-ville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Arthur E. Owen; and commissioned on 3 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-568 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landing—October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Following the war, LST-568 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. She was decommissioned on 4 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 20 March that same year.
LST-568 earned three battle stars for World War II service.