LST-567 was laid down on 20 March 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co; launched on 15 May 1944; sponsored by Miss Elizabeth Funkey; and commissioned on 1 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-567 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—June 1945 Following the war, LST-567 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. On 24 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-567 earned three battle stars for World War II service.