LST-565 was laid down on 16 March 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 8 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Vergil P. Dyer; and commissioned on 25 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-565 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—May 1945
Following the war, LST-565 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-May 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. The ship was disposed of on 21 June 1948.
LST-565 earned four battle stars for World War II service.