LST-564 was laid down on 5 March 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 4 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Frances Cassady; and commissioned on 25 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-564 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October 1944 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April until June 1945.
Following the war, LST-564 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 8 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May that same year. On 31 December 1948, the ship was sold to Brown & Root, Inc., of Houston, Tex., for operation.
LST-564 earned two battle stars for World War II service.