LST-560 was laid down on 22 February 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. L. C. Holm; and commissioned on 2 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-560 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Palawan Island landings—March 1945
Visayan Island landings—March and April 1945
Brunei Bay operation—June 1945
Following the war, LST-560 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 17 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 12 September 1946, the tank landing ship was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
LST-560 earned two battle stars for World War II service.