Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

Lake Lasang

 

(Str: t. 1,447; l. 2611; b. 43'6"; dr. 21'2"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 56; a. 1 3")

 

Lake Lasang, a cargo ship, was launched in 1918 by American Shipbuilding Co., Detroit, Mich.; acquired by the Navy; and commissioned at Brest, France, 10 September 1918, Lt. Comdr. A. L. Livingston, USNRF, in command.

 

Assigned to NOTS, Lake Lasang operated as a coal transport out of Cardiff, Wales. Servicing the cross-channel coal trade between British and French ports, Lake Lasang sailed European waters until departing Barry Roads 14 July 1919. Arriving New York on the 30th, she decommissioned 15 August and was returned to USSB. In 1927 she was sold to Ford Motor Co. and scrapped.