(Str: t. 1,242; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 18'; s. 9 k.; cpl. 56; a. 1 3"
Lake Harney was launched 1918 by the American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain, Ohio; acquired by the Navy and commissioned at Montreal 27 July 1918, Lt. Comdr. Carl H. Hermance, USNRF, in command.
Arriving St. Nazaire, France, 3 August, Lake Harney joined NOTS at a coal transport. Based at Cardiff, Wales, operated between British and French ports until the summer of 1919. Lake Harney returned to the United States in August and decommissioned on the 26th. She was returned to the USSB the same day. She was sold in 1924 to Cie. Nationale de Nav. to operate out of Calais with French documents under the name Germain L.