(Str: t. 1,428; l. 261; b. 43'6"; dr. 21'1"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 58; a. 1 3")
Lake Gedney was launched 1918 by the American Shipbuilding Co., Cleveland, Ohio; acquired by the Navy and commissioned at Montreal 6 September 1918, Lt. Comdr. Haarberg, USNRF, in command.
Departing Sydney, Nova Scotia, 22 September 1918, Lake Gedney joined NOTS at La Pallice, France, 8 October. Based at Cardiff, Wales, she transported coal from British to French ports until 16 July 1919 when she departed Bordeaux for Philadelphia. Arriving there in early August with 2,547 tons of ammunition, Lake Gedney decommissioned on the 18th and returned to the USSB the same day. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co. in 1926 and scrapped.