(Str: t. 1,433; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 21'2"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 58; a. 1 3")
Lake Garza was launched 1918 by the American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain, Ohio; acquired by the Navy and commissioned at Montreal 24 September 1918, Lt. Comdr. H. E. Vercy, USNRF, in command.
Arriving St. Nazaire, France, 22 November 1918, Lake Garza was assigned to NOTS in European waters. Operating out of Cardiff, Wales, she transported coal from British to French, ports.
After the Armistice she steamed from St. Nazaire 27 June 1919 with 1,500 tons of Army ordnance, arriving New York 12 July. Lake Garza decommissioned 21 July 1919 and was returned to the USSB the same day. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co. in 1926 and scrapped.