(Str: t. 1,445; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 18'9"; s. 9 k.; cpl. 56)
Lake Gakona was launched 1918 by the American Shipbuilding Co., Detroit, Mich.; was acquired by the Navy and commissioned at Montreal 22 August 1918, Lt. Comdr. R. M. Packer, USNRF, in command.
Departing Sydney, Nova Scotia, 5 September, Lake Gakona joined NOTS on the 19th. Based at Cardiff, Wales, she transported coal from British to French ports. She continued this service for 1 year before returning to the United States in August 1919. Lake Gakona decommissioned 23 August 1919 and was returned to USSB. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co. in 1927 and scrapped.