(Str: t. 1,432; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 21'; s. 9 k.; cpl. 52; a. 1 3")
Lake Eckhart, a depot collier was launched 25 June 1918 by American Shipbuilding Co., Lorain, Ohio, under USSB contract; taken over 20 August 1918; and commissioned the same day at Montreal, Lt. Comdr. Walter E. May, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS, Lake Eckhart sailed to Sydney, Nova Scotia, where on 5 September she joined a convoy bound for France. After reaching St. Nazaire 19 September, she carried coal on cross-channel runs from British to French ports until she departed Cardiff, Wales, 11 February 1919 for duty with the U.S. Food Administration. For more than 4 months she carried relief food shipments from Rotterdam to Danzig, Poland. Then she returned to Barry Roads, Wales, and sailed for home 8 July, arriving New York City 21 July. Lake Eckhart decommissioned 31 July and was returned to USSB the same day. She was sold to Ford Motor Co. in 1926 and scrapped.