(Str: dp. 1,429; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 22'; s. 10 k.; cpl. 52; a. 1 3")
Lake Dymer was launched 22 June 1918 by American Shipbuilding Co., Superior, Wis., under USSB contract; taken over by the Navy 16 September 1918; and commissioned the same day at Montreal, Lt. Comdr. Charles A. Burke, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to NOTS Lake Dymer, a depot collier, departed Sydney, Nova Scotia, in convoy for Brest, France, 7 to 21 October and began cross-channel coaling runs between British and French ports. Operating out of Cardiff, Wales, Lake Dymer continued this duty until 15 March 1919 when she transferred from Army to Navy account. She departed Cardiff for the United States 29 May and arrived New York City 13 June. Lake Dymer decommissioned 23 June and was returned to the USSB the same day. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co., in 1926 and scrapped.