(Str: t. 2,239: l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 19'9"; s. 10 k.; cpl. 52; a. 1 3")
Lake Charlotte, a depot collier built in 1918 by Great Lake Engine Works, Ashtabula, Ohio, arrived Cardiff, Wales, 27 August 1918 carried a load of Army cargo. She was taken over by the Navy at Cardiff 17 October 1918 and commissioned the same day, Lt. Comdr. A. Erickson, USNRF, in command.
Manned by the Navy on time charter under Army account, Lake Charlotte sailed between British and French ports carrying coal and general cargo. She operated in European waters until departing Boulogne, France, for the United States 8 August 1919. Loaded with 2,392 tons of ammunition, she steamed via Cardiff and arrived Philadelphia 1 September. Ordered transferred to USSB 20 September, she decommissioned 23 September. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co. in 1927 and scrapped.