(Str: t. 2,346; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 21'; s. 9 k; cpl. 52; a. 1 4")
Lake Blanchester, adepot collier, was launched 8 June 1918 by American Shipbuilding Co., Cleveland, Ohio; turned over to the USSB 10 August 1918; and commissioned by the Navy at Montreal, Canada, the same day, Lt. Comdr. H. O. Clark, USNRF, in command.
Manned by the Navy on bareboat charter under Army account, Lake Blanchester departed Sydney, Nova Scotia, in Angust in convoy for Europe. Arriving Brest, France, 7 September via St. Nazaire, France, she joined other NOTS ships and hauled coal from the British Isles to French ports. Based at Cardiff, Wales, she continued coaling runs until 15 February 1919 when she departed Southampton, England, with 700 tons of Army cargo on board. Reaching Philadelphia 13 March, Lake Blanchester decommissioned 1 April and was turned over to USSB. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co. in 1926 and scrapped.