(Str: t. 1,413; l. 261'; b. 43'6"; dr. 21'; s. 9.5 k.; cpl. 52; a. 1 3")
Lake Berdan, a depot collier, was launched 4 July 1918 by the American Shipbuilding Co., Chicago; acquired by the Navy 24 September 1918 from the USSB; and commissioned at Montreal, Canada, the same day, Lt. John M. Clark, USNRF, in command.
Clearing Sydney, Nova Scotia, 7 October 1918, Lake Berdan arrived Spithead, England, for operations with NOTS. Assigned to the Army coal trade, she carried coal from Belfast and Cardiff to French ports for the next 4 months. Departing Cardiff 6 March 1919 with a cargo of Army supplies, Lake Berdan arrived Philadelphia 29 March. She decommissioned there 8 April and was returned to USSB the same day. She was sold to the Ford Motor Co. in 1926 and scrapped.