Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-547

 

LST-547 was laid down on 24 December 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Harold Jpurdan; and commissioned on 30 March 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-547 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. On 26 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.