Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-546

 

LST-546 was laid down on 20 December 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. J. Barbrick; and commissioned on 27 March 1944, Lt. William D. Silkworth in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-546 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early January 1946. She was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where she served as USNS LST-546. On 15 July 1972, the ship was decommissioned and transferred to the Republic of the Philippines as a lease.