Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-545

 

LST-545 was laid down on 13 December 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge and Iron Co.; launched on 12 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Charles M. Wright; and commissioned on 23 March 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-545 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 29 August 1946. The tank landing ship was sunk as a target on 12 May 1948 and struck from the Navy list on 28 May that same year.