Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-544

 

LST-544 was laid down on 8 December 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 4 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Maudie M. Marlow; and commissioned on 16 March 1944.

 

LST-544 saw no combat service with the United States Navy and was decommissioned on 9 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 23 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Willamette Iron & Steel Co. for scrapping.