LST-541 was laid down on 22 November 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 25 January 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Earl B. Blackman; and commissioned on 28 February 1944.
During World War II, LST-541 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, LST-541 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 9 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 28 November that same year. On 22 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Townsend Transportation Co., of Bayonne, N.J., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-541 earned one battle star for World War II