LST-536 was laid down on 19 October 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 27 December 1943; sponsored by Mrs. James M. Lavin; and commissioned on 9 February 1944.
During World War II, LST-536 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, LST-536 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 23 January 1946. On 21 Febru-uary 1947, the ship was made available for disposal to the Republic of Korea and struck from the Navy list on 5 March 1947.
LST-536 earned one battle star for World War II service.