LST-535 was laid down on 19 October 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 December 1943; sponsored by Mrs. John L. Mullins; and commissioned on 4 February 1944, Lt. Martin L. Olson, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-535 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945.
Following the war, LST-535 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946 when she returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 14 January 1946. On 31 March 1952, the ship was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service where she served as USNS LST-535 until transferred to the Republic of China and struck from the Navy list on 1'October 1958.
LST-535 earned two battle stars for World War II service.