LST-534 was laid down on 4 October 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 8 December 1943; sponsored by Mrs. C. S. Jones; and commissioned on 31 January 1944.
During World War II, LST-534 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. On 22 June 1945, she was seriously damaged by a Japanese kamikaze attack. Following the war, LST-534 performed occupation duty in the Far East until she was decommissioned on 2 November 1945. The ship was deemed beyond economical repair and towed to sea and sunk off Okinawa on
9 December 1945. She was struck from the Navy list on 3 January 1946.
LST-534 earned one battle star for World War II service.