LST-532 was laid down on 24 September 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 28 November 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Fred M. Wyatt; and commissioned on 20 January 1944, Lt. Marinus Pilkington in command.
During World War II, LST-532 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, she operated with the Service Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet. The ship was decommissioned on 8 June 1955 and renamed Chase County (LST-532) on 1 July 1955 after counties in Kansas and Nebraska. On 15 April 1967, she was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service and served as USNS Chase County until struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1973.
LST-532 earned one battle star for World War II service.