LST-530 was laid down on 23 November 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 25 January 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Eloise K. Glass; and commissioned on 6 March 1944.
During World War II, LST-530 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945.
Following the war, LST-530 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946 when she returned to the United States and was decommissioned. The tank landing ship was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where it served as USNS LST-530 until struck from the Navy list on 15 June 1973. On 17 September 1973, she was sold to S. S. Zee, Taipei, Taiwan, and subsequently scrapped.
LST-530 earned two battle stars for World War II service.