LST-528 was laid down on 13 November 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 11 January 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Madge Medlock Watt; and commissioned on 29 February 1944.
During World War II, LST-528 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned in March 1954. The ship was named Catahoula Parish (LST-528) after a parish (county) in Louisiana on 1 July 1955. She was struck from the Navy list on 21 November 1960.
LST-528 earned one battle star for World War II service.